Saturday, March 24, 2012

Reviews on Smashbox Photo finish light face primer and Too faced shadow insurance...

Hey everyone! I hope y'all are having a great Saturday morning! I just wanted to share with you all a long overdue review of Smashbox Photo finish light face primer and Too faced shadow insurance.





I'll start off with a review on Smashbox photo finish light face primer. I love this primer! I bought the travel size last year, so I could just try it out and see if I liked it. The travel size cost me $15.00, but it was worth it! This primer claims to be great for people with acne-prone skin, oily skin and sensitive skin. It is oil-free and it's 60% water based so when you apply it, it refreshes on contact and the little oil absorbers provide a smooth, matte finish all day. So those are the claims and I think it lives up to those claims. However, I don't think it keeps your face matte all day. I put this on in the morning around 8am and by the time I get home around 9pm, my forehead looks and feels like an oil slick. I have oily skin in my T-zone, I'm acne prone and my skin is sensitive. So by the middle of the day, my skin feels oily.

So that would be the only con to this primer, everything else about it I love. Accept for the $15.00 price tag. The full size of this product costs $36.00 and I'm not willing to pay that much. But anyways, this primer has lasted me for a long time. I purchased this in August of last year and I'm just now starting to run out of it. So overall, I love this primer! There are just a couple cons that I have, but otherwise it's great!





Ok, moving on to Too Faced shadow insurance eye primer. This is amazing! I use this every morning to prime my eyes before putting on my eye makeup and I have to say it keeps my eyeshadow on all day! It keeps it looking fresh and my shadows don't crease. Again the only thing I would have to say that I believe is a con, is the $18.00 price tag. I mean, for a good primer I think its worth it. But I know that some people are on a tight budget and can't fork out those $18.00 for a primer, me included. So I would love to find something thats a low cost alternative and I have yet to find something. But again, its lasted me an incredibly long time. I bought this the same time I bought the face primer in August of last year and I still haven't run out yet, though I think I'm getting close unfortunately. And also if you're wondering, it does come in a tube. Which I think is very helpful, because when you start getting low you can make sure youre getting all the product out with the squeeze tube. The same thing goes for the face primer, it is also a squeeze tube.



So thats my review of those products! I think they're great products I just think that the price could be less. Please let me know if you've found a low cost alternative to either of these products, I would be so happy! Thanks for reading and I'll be blogging again soon! I actually will do another eye makeup tutorial I think later today, so keep your eyes out for that. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment