Hey Everyone! It's been quite a while since I posted last, so I thought it would be fun to bring the blog back with a look at five products that I consider everyday staples in my collection!
When I first purchased this foundation, the packaging was the first thing I was intrigued about. Mainly because, if you follow me on my youtube channel you know that I love a foundation with a pump and a squeeze tube.
The first impression of the packaging was absolutely delightful. The packaging is travel friendly, you can easily see the shade from the transparent area on the tube which I love. My shade is in medium and I feel like it's a perfect match for my olive complexion. It's easily blendable on the skin; The coverage of this foundation is medium but it is buildable to full coverage.
As far as longevity is concerned, for my oily skin type this foundation lasts surprisingly for at least 12 hours or more. What I love most about this is the fact that the end of a 12 hour day, it stills looks as fresh as it did when I applied it that morning.
So here's the pros:
1- Travel friendly packaging and easy to store.
2- Squeeze tube with a pump dispenser can be helpful for having control over how much product is dispensed.
3- It's easily blendable with fingers or a brush, either application works well. Although I prefer to use a brush.
4- Offers medium to full coverage.
5- has a dewy finish, but doesn't make you look more oily (if you're like me and you have oily skin).
6- Makes your skin soft and hydrated.
7- Comes with a broad spectrum sunscreen with anti-aging technology.
Once again, if you follow me on my youtube channel, you know that I love products that come in a squeeze tube, just for the sheer fact that I can cut the package open if necessary in order to get every last bit of product out before throwing it away.
With this product, you're getting 1 fl oz and I personally feel like that's a substantial amount, because you only need the smallest bit for your entire face application.I wear makeup almost everyday, so I use this primer each time I apply my makeup and it lasts me about 2 months give or take.
So, having said all that, here's the pros:
1. It doesn't make my skin feel greasy or sticky upon application.
2. The packaging is great! Squeeze tube for the win! :-)
3. The amount of product you're getting I feel is substantial for how much you actually use.
4. Consistency/texture of the primer is very smooth, a little liquidy, but not so much that it runs all over the place.
5. Makes your skin feel soft and mattefied.
6. Lightweight feel on the skin.
7. Travel friendly packaging and easy to store.
8. This particular one that I use is specifically for oily skin, but they also have this primer in combo skin as well as dry skin. Love how versatile this brand is, they've made something for everyone with this primer!
9. Price is excellent! It's a drugstore item, yet sometimes things at the drugstore can be somewhat higher priced. Whereas, this primer will only cost you about $10. And depending on where you purchase it, you may be able to get for less!
And I have zero cons with is product, its a win in my book! You can get this product at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, and ULTA.
3. Milani Rose Powder Blush
- Matte shade
- Gives a subtle glow that gives your cheeks a "just got back from a workout" kind of a flushed look.
- LOVE the rose design on the actual blush, so cute! :-)
- Generous amount of product in the pan. You are definitely not cheated out of product that's for sure!
- Goes with any eye look!
- Packaging, while the gold packaging is really pretty, I feel as though it's pretty bulky. If you were to take this with you for travel, I think you would have a hard time finding a place for it in your makeup bag because of the size of the compact.
- Price. Milani is on the upper end as far as price range at the drugstore. Where I live out in Northern California. these blushes cost me around $10. I feel as though its a steep price to pay, BUT having said that you do get a generous amount of product (.60 oz or 17 grams). So all in all, since you don't need very much, this will last you quite a while.
- If you'd like more beauty related stuff, head over to my youtube channel: youtube.com/mariahsierra94 and please subscribe!
- Almost done with my 3 week break for my last half of Sophomore year at college, classes start again next Monday! Oh yay for summer and fall term! :-)
- Realized I haven't done a blog post in 3 years....yeah I need to do more posts! :-)
- It's supposed to be 94 degrees this week here in Northern Cali....I'm so not ready for the triple digit weather!