Thursday, May 31, 2012

My favorite makeup products for summer...

Hey everyone! I  hope everyone had a great weekend and a fantastic start to their week! I'm sorry I haven't been posting anything new, I got a new puppy on Monday and he has been keeping me very busy! He is 11 weeks old and I swear he's like a little human baby :) I only have a certain amount of time to do things before he gets fussy and he always wants to be held. So I've been busy chasing him around the past couple days, but the greatest thing is he sleeps all through the night! I put him to bed at 9pm and he sleeps until 6am without a peep the whole night. Its great! He's sleeping right now, so I have a little time to blog :)


Anyways, onto what this post is about. Its getting to be summer, so it gets pretty hot in the daytime. But what makeup products are good for summer? Which ones stand up to the heat? Here are some of my favorite makeup products for summer:


1. Tinted Moisturizer- I LOVE this stuff! I use this on a daily basis and it doesn't slide off my face at all! It is not at all greasy and it is light-medium coverage. It stands up to the heat and lasts all day long! The tinted moisturizer that I use is Sei Bella tinted moisturizer in Fawn number 8877. And I pay around $27.00 for 1.5 fluid oz. It also has an SPF of 20. This is just really great stuff! I use this in place of my foundation if I don't want too heavy of coverage.

2. Milani multi-tasker face powder- This is another great product for summer! It absorbs the oil on my face and keeps it matte most of the day, eventually before the day is out I do have to re-apply. But its great nonetheless! The shade I have it in is light/medium or number 02. I bought this off of www.cherryculture.com for $7.79.

3. Benefit Hervana Blush- This blush is gorgeous! I'm so glad I bought it! It has hardly any shimmer and it gives a really natural "flush" to your cheeks. This holds up really well in the heat and it lasts all day long! I never see it fade, it always looks like I just put it on. This is just a great blush to have in your collection! I really love this blush! I bought this at Ulta for $28.00, you can also find this at Sephora if you don't have an Ulta near you.

4. Wet n Wild eyeshadow trios and 6 color palettes- I've raved about these before in past posts, but these shades are great when standing up to heat! They don't fade and last all day long. I use too faced shadow insurance eye primer before applying these shadows and I don't have to re-apply colors at all. And I've never had it crease on me with the primer, so if you don't have an eyeshadow primer you should get one! Anyways, the wet n wild palettes I bought at Walgreens and CVS. I paid $4.99 for the trios and $6.99 for the 6-color palettes. They also have 8-color palettes, which I have one of them in blue had me at hello and I paid $7.99 for it at Walgreens.

5. Covergirl professional all in one mascara in blackest black- This has been a long time favorite of mine for summer. It doesn't flake or smudge and it doesn't run when I'm in the direct heat for a long period of time. The formula isn't too wet or dry, its right in the middle. The only thing it does, is it kind of clumps my lashes together. But other than that, its great for standing up in the heat! I bought this at Walgreens for $6.99 I believe.

6. Hard Candy Skin Perfecting face primer- This stuff is amazing!! I just recently bought this because I ran out of my smashbox photo finish light and I actually like the hard candy primer better! The reason being is because it fills in my pores and gives me a "airbrushed" look to my skin. It stays great, its not greasy and it doesn't dry my skin out. I have oily skin so it absorbs the oil quite nicely! I really love this primer and I'll absolutely be purchasing it again when I run out of it. I bought this at Walmart for $8.00.

7. Sun Shades Lip balm in Vanilla bean- This is a great chapstick! Its very moisturizing and its not greasy on my lips. I do have to re-apply throughout the day, but its a chapstick so you would have to re-apply :) But anyways, its great! It has a nice scent to it, it smells like vanilla frosting! I bought this at www.melaleuca.com for $2.25.


Well, thats it for my favorite products for summer! I hope you enjoyed this and I hope you will check these products out! Have a great day everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment