Thursday, May 24, 2012

How I clean my makeup brushes....

Hey everyone! I hope y'all are having a great Thursday morning!! I just wanted to share with you the way that I clean my makeup brushes. My brushes that I have are on the cheaper side, I got them from www.bundlemonster.com for $18.75. They work great, but when I wash them they shed just a little bit. So I'm really looking into investing in the Sigma brushes sometime when I have the money. Anyways, lets get started...


I got some really great tips from Marlena (www.youtube.com/makeupgeektv) so check her site out! I love her and her videos are so helpful! Anyways, the first thing I do is I wash my brushes with some regular shampoo from my shower and after they are all clean, I let them air dry overnight. Then I got this really good tip from Marlena, you get some rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and clean the handles. And she also suggested to take a clear nail poish and paint over the names of the brushes, so they don't fade and you will still be able to see which brush you're using. Marlena also has a blog: www.simplymarlena.com so you can get tips there too! :)


So that is what I do to clean my brushes, there is a great brush cleaner recipe from www.youtube.com/enkoremakeup This guy is great! This brush cleaner is not for deep clean, its just for in between applications. But nonetheless, its still great! So go check him out.


I hope y'all are having a great day and I'll be blogging again soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment