Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Holiday Tag!!

Hey everyone! I hope y'all are having a great Thursday afternoon! I was tagged by Theresa (aka beautyforeveryday) to do this Christmas Holiday tag. Thanks Theresa for tagging me! Here's her link: www.youtube.com/beautyforeveryday


Lets get started!



1. Do you start Christmas Shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute? In past years my family has waited until the last minute, but this year we got all our Christmas shopping done early! We started shopping on Black Friday and continued until the beginning/middle of December :)


2. Which do you like better Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Well, we have Christmas Eve services at my church for the evening of the 24th, so I enjoy Christmas day because we get to celebrate Christ's birth!


3. When do you put up the Christmas tree & who decorates it? We put up the Christmas tree early this year, I think we put it up at the end of November. My mom decorated it this year, she loves to decorate the house with Christmas things. (FYI, if you want to see what decorations are in my house for Christmas head over to my other blog Life in General and check out the post called "Christmas Decor/house tour! here's the link: http://www.lifeingeneral-mariah.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-decorhouse-tour.html)


4. White or colored lights? My dad puts up white lights on the house, and then we have colored lights on the Christmas tree :)


5. Tell us your Christmas Eve tradition? My family's Christmas Eve tradition is going to the candle-light Christmas Eve services at my church.


6. What tops your tree? A Silver star.

7. Do you send Christmas/Holiday cards? We haven't in the past, but my mom wanted to this year so we wrote a Christmas letter and sent it to our friends, family and extended family.
8. Do you attend any Holiday parties?
 We haven't in the past, but I just graduated from high school and so my friends from college have Christmas parties, so this year I am going to my first college Christmas party tomorrow night!

9. Do you decorate the outside of your house or just the inside? We decorate both the inisde and outside


10. Do you have a Christmas/Holiday tradition? We usually on Christmas morning have hot chocolate, cinnamon rolls, and then we read the Christmas story from The Bible. And this year, we've added a new tradition. We've decided as a family that we won't open gifts until after the 1st of the year because on Christmas day, its Christ's birthday not yours. No one else opens gifts on your birthday, so we thought we'd do the same for Jesus :)


11. Which Holiday do you celebrate? Christmas :)



12. What are your plans for the Holiday's this year? Our plans
for the Christmas holiday is to just be together as a family and celebrate the fact that I am not in the hospital! Last year I spent Christmas and New Years in the hospital, so we are thanking God that its not the case this year :)
13. Candy Cane or Gingerbread Men? I'm not a big fan of just straight cinnamon, so I like candy canes


14. What is your favorite Christmas song? My favorite Christmas song would have to be "Breath of Heaven" by Amy Grant
15. What is at the top of your wish list this Christmas? I actually wouldn't mind not getting anything for Christmas. I have what I need the most which is a good bill of a health, an awesome family, great friends, and most of all Jesus Christ :) Now, I did buy my parents and my sister gifts for Christmas, but that doesn't mean that I have to get a gift in return :)
16. Hot Cocoa or Apple Cider? For sure Hot cocoa! :)


17. Snowboarding or Skiing? I don't know how to do either, but if I had to choose I would say snowboarding ;)
18. Have you ever gone ice skating? No, I have roller bladed in the past :)
19. Does it snow where you are? I live in California, so if it does snow particularily where I am, its very rare and we don't get a lot if it does snow.
20. Favorite Christmas/ Holiday movie? My favorite Christmas movie would have to be between "Its a Wonderful Life" and my mom's favorite "White Christmas"


Well, I think thats it for this Christmas Holiday Tag! I hope y'all enjoyed this and I'll be blogging again soon! Have a great day everyone! :)

I tag my awesome friend Emily Eddington (aka emilynoel83) and CiCi Dawn (aka thatssociciyo) to do these questions :) Can't wait to see your responses to the questions ladies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment