Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Beauty Favorites! Part 1

Hey everyone! I hope y'all are doing well, I'm sorry I haven't been blogging the past few days. I was in the hospital from last Friday to yesterday for a couple surgeries on my brain to hopefully fix some things that have been occurring over the past five months, but I had some tests done and my surgeon decided to send me home for at least 7-12 days while we wait for the results to come back. Which I am very grateful because I can be home with my family and my puppy and of course you guys!!!


So anyways, thats where I've been the past 5 days and I am doing pretty well no worse and no better than when I went in but my surgery team is working on finding out whats going on really soon hopefully.


Ok, so now onto what this post is about. Its August 1st (can you believe it?! I can't!) it seems like July went by so fast, but I wanted to share with you my July makeup favorites! So lets get started...



So first I'll talk about my favorite face products, next will be eyes, then lips and I actually have a favorite nail polish this time around so last I'll talk about my favorite nail polish.



  • 1. Olay Complete all day UVA/UVB daily moisturizer for sensitive skin SPF 15- I have been really enjoying this!! I apply this before I put on my face primer and I feel that it really moisturizes and preps my skin for my makeup. I have combination skin so I get really oily in my T-zone but I am sort of more dry on my cheeks and around my nose, so I feel that this helps quite alot. I bought this a couple months ago and I really started using it when I was working my VBS camp last month because I was running around outside all day long and I needed sun protection. But you get a lot of product for $8.39 (there's 6 oz total in the bottle) so I was really happy with the amount of product you get.

  • 2. Hard Candy Sheer Envy skin perfecting face primer- This was a favorite in June and once again it is my favorite face primer! I love the way it minimizes my pores and leaves a "flawless" effect to my skin. The reason I bought this was because I ran out of my smashbox photo finish light face primer, but I wasn't going to pay $15 again for the travel size and plus it made my skin feel like an oil slick. So after searching a while and looking at different youtube videos and reviews I had numerous people tell me to go check out the hard candy sheer envy face primer. I finally did a few months ago, and my goodness I should have bought this from the beginning! First of all, the smashbox face primer travel size is .5 oz and you pay a shocking $15! While the hard candy face primer is 1.3 oz and you pay a total with tax $8.62! So I was much happier with the hard candy face primer and I actually have to go buy another one because I am on the last limb of the one I have.

  • 3. Sei Bella Tinted Moisturizer in Fawn- This has been a long time favorite of mine because its great for summer and just everyday use! This has light coverage and I usually apply a face powder and concealer to feel like I am well covered like a full coverage foundation would have alone. I pay $27 for it and you get 1.5 oz of product.

  • 4. ELF translucent matifying face powder- I have been loving this powder!! I bought this last month because my milani multi-tasker face powder was leaving a "cakey" look on my face and I didn't like that so I began searching for a new powder. I remembered this video I watched a while back of my friend Emily Eddington (aka emilynoel83 and www.beautybroadcast.net) and she was using this powder and I thought it made her makeup look pretty flawless! This looks great on the skin and it gives your skin a "airbrushed" look which is great! Its not at all cakey and it keeps my skin specifically my t-zone area pretty matte throughout the day, now I do have to touch up sometimes but otherwise it works awesome! I bought this at Target for $3 and you really can't beat the price quite honestly! :)


  • 5. NYX powder blush in Cinnamon- I am loving this blush! I bought this last month because it I wanted a blush that was a peachy/coral color and this one matches that so perfectly! It might look a little scary in the packaging because it looks orange, but once you apply it to your cheeks and blend it out it becomes this gorgeous peachy/coral color! I bought this at Ulta on my shopping trip there last month and I paid $4.99 for this blush :)


Ok, well thats it for my favorite face products! I'll be doing a part 2 to July beauty favorites that will have my favorite eye, lip and nail polish favorites in it because I didn't want to make this post too terribly long and I didn't want to bore you guys. So I'll be putting up the second part to this here in a few minutes!

Have a great night everyone and I hope you enjoyed part 1! I hope you will read part 2 when it goes up later tonight as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment