Monday, May 29, 2017

My Top 5 Everyday Beauty Staples!



Hey Everyone! It's been quite a while since I posted last, so I thought it would be fun to bring the blog back with a look at five products that I consider everyday staples in my collection!






1. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50+ CC Cream


IT Cosmetics is a fantastic brand and this foundation is amazing! It gives you full coverage and SPF protection. This foundation comes in a sleekly designed squeeze tube with a pump top. The overall packaging is handy and portable to carry easily in the bag. The pump top helps a great deal in preventing spilling of the product. The texture of this cc cream feels pretty light and you can comfortably get the required amount with one or two pumps. 

The shade range isn't bad, but it's not real wide either. They've basically fit everyone into 5 different shade categories: 



When I first purchased this foundation, the packaging was the first thing I was intrigued about. Mainly because, if you follow me on my youtube channel you know that I love a foundation with a pump and a squeeze tube.






The first impression of the packaging was absolutely delightful. The packaging is travel friendly, you can easily see the shade from the transparent area on the tube which I love. My shade is in medium and I feel like it's a perfect match for my olive complexion. It's easily blendable on the skin; The coverage of this foundation is medium but it is buildable to full coverage. 

As far as longevity is concerned, for my oily skin type this foundation lasts surprisingly for at least 12 hours or more. What I love most about this is the fact that the end of a 12 hour day, it stills looks as fresh as it did when I applied it that morning. 

So here's the pros: 


 1- Travel friendly packaging and easy to store.
2- Squeeze tube with a pump dispenser can be helpful for having control over how much product is dispensed.
3- It's easily blendable with fingers or a brush, either application works well. Although I prefer to use a brush.
4- Offers medium to full coverage.
5- has a dewy finish, but doesn't make you look more oily (if you're like me and you have oily skin).
6- Makes your skin soft and hydrated.
7- Comes with a broad spectrum sunscreen with anti-aging technology.
8- Longevity is pretty awesome (lasts 12 + hours on me). 
9-Lightweight feel on the skin. 
10-Ideal for oily skin types as well as dry skin. I feel like this would be a great foundation for those with dry skin, because it does provide some hydration. 


If I had a couple cons...it would be: 

1-Limited range of shades
2-Price, this foundation is $38 but with how much you get (1.08 fl oz), I find that the price is actually worth while since you don't need very much (I use about 1 pump for my entire face). 


All in all, I really love this foundation and I absolutely consider it a staple in my collection! You can get it at ULTAQVC, and newly at SEPHORA







2. Covergirl Trublend Face Primer


The next product that is a staple in my collection the Covergirl Trublend Face Primer. I have gone through two tubes of this primer and I absolutely love it! I feel as though it really helps keep my skin pretty matte throughout the day. I have pretty oily skin, so I need something that isn't going to make my skin feel greasy after application, and this primer does just that. It's not greasy feeling, it doesn't feel too tacky or sticky, and may I add that I love the fact that it's in a squeeze tube? 

Once again, if you follow me on my youtube channel, you know that I love products that come in a squeeze tube, just for the sheer fact that I can cut the package open if necessary in order to get every last bit of product out before throwing it away. 

With this product, you're getting 1 fl oz and I personally feel like that's a substantial amount, because you only need the smallest bit for your entire face application.I wear makeup almost everyday, so I use this primer each time I apply my makeup and it lasts me about 2 months give or take. 

So, having said all that, here's the pros: 

1. It doesn't make my skin feel greasy or sticky upon application. 
2. The packaging is great! Squeeze tube for the win! :-) 
3. The amount of product you're getting I feel is substantial for how much you actually use.
4. Consistency/texture of the primer is very smooth, a little liquidy, but not so much that it runs all over the place. 
5. Makes your skin feel soft and mattefied. 
6. Lightweight feel on the skin. 
7. Travel friendly packaging and easy to store. 
8. This particular one that I use is specifically for oily skin, but they also have this primer in combo skin as well as dry skin. Love how versatile this brand is, they've made something for everyone with this primer!
9. Price is excellent! It's a drugstore item, yet sometimes things at the drugstore can be somewhat higher priced. Whereas, this primer will only cost you about $10. And depending on where you purchase it, you may be able to get for less!

And I have zero cons with is product, its a win in my book! You can get this product at CVSWalgreensWalmart, and ULTA








3. Milani Rose Powder Blush

This product is probably one of my favorite blushes that I have in my collection! It may seem like nothing special in the pan and you may think that it won't show up because it looks like it's super sheer, but once you apply it to your cheeks, I think your opinion may change. I know mine did! 





It's such a subtle tone of pink, very natural looking. And when you apply it, it gives the slightest hint of glow to your cheeks that is just gorgeous! Also, this is a completely matte blush, no shimmer at all. I wear this with just about any eye look because it is such a versatile shade and color.


Pros:


  1. Matte shade
  2. Gives a subtle glow that gives your cheeks a "just got back from a workout" kind of a flushed look. 
  3. LOVE the rose design on the actual blush, so cute! :-) 
  4. Generous amount of product in the pan. You are definitely not cheated out of product that's for sure! 
  5. Goes with any eye look!

If I had any cons, here they are: 

Cons: 

  1. Packaging, while the gold packaging is really pretty, I feel as though it's pretty bulky. If you were to take this with you for travel, I think you would have a hard time finding a place for it in your makeup bag because of the size of the compact. 
  2. Price. Milani is on the upper end as far as price range at the drugstore. Where I live out in Northern California. these blushes cost me around $10. I feel as though its a steep price to pay, BUT having said that you do get a generous amount of product (.60 oz or 17 grams). So all in all, since you don't need very much, this will last you quite a while. 
You can get this product at CVSWalgreens, and Milani Cosmetics







4. Hard Candy Sheer Envy Hydrating Primer Mist



Every girl needs a setting spray in their collection! Especially, if you have oily skin this will help keep the oiliness at bay for most of the day. I spray 3 spritzes of this after I've applied all my makeup and I only have to touch up one time with some powder at usually (depending on what type of foundation I wore that day) 10 hours. Which I think is pretty good considering I have fairly oily skin! 


Pros: 

1. Hydrates skin up to 12 hours
2. Adds a bit of a natural "lit from within" type of radiance 
3. Coconut water infused 
4. 12 hour staying power! 
5. Price! I get mine at walmart for $8! You're getting 2.2 fluid ounces, so I think that's a really fair price for how much you get considering you don't use very much of it. 


With this product, I actually don't any cons! To my knowledge, it is only sold at Walmart 







5. Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick



And last but not least, is one of my favorite eyeshadow sticks! Mally's shadow sticks are amazing because they literally don't budge all day long! I have two different shades, but my favorite shade right now is the one in Autumn Shimmer. These shadow sticks work great when you're in a pinch and need to get out the door quick, and don't have time to do your eye makeup. You have 45 seconds of play time and then after that, your eyeshadow is going to be smudge-proof, transfer-proof and crease-proof! Blend it out for a light, sheer wash of color, or layer for more intensity. 


With these sticks, you're getting .06 oz of product, and beings you don't use a lot, it will last you for quite a while. 

Pros: 

1. The longevity! As soon as you apply them, they won't budge until you take it off. 
2. Shade range. I absolutely love the shades of these sticks! There's a total of 14 different colors. 
3. Packaging. I love how sleek and travel friendly the packaging is! And I think my favorite part about it, is the fact that you don't have to sharpen them because they're a twist up stick! 

Cons: 

If I had any cons, it would be: the price. They cost $25 each, and for the amount of product you're getting, I think the price is a bit steep. However, since you don't use it up right away because you don't need very much, the price is somehow justified some. 


You can get these shadow sticks at UltaMally official website, and QVC



Well, I think that's about all I have that I use on a fairly regular basis to share with you! I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope it gave you some ideas. Thanks so much for reading, I really appreciate it! Have a great day! 


                                                                     ♥




Daily Nuggets!

  • If you'd like more beauty related stuff, head over to my youtube channel: youtube.com/mariahsierra94 and please subscribe! 
  • Almost done with my 3 week break for my last half of Sophomore year at college, classes start again next Monday! Oh yay for summer and fall term! :-) 
  • Realized I haven't done a blog post in 3 years....yeah I need to do more posts! :-) 
  • It's supposed to be 94 degrees this week here in Northern Cali....I'm so not ready for the triple digit weather!
















No comments:

Post a Comment