Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tarte Dressed To The Nines LipSurgence Lip Crème Gift Set







Hey everyone! The blog is back! This time, with a review on the Tarte Dressed To The Nines LipSurgence lip creme gift set. There are a ton of products to show....so I thought it wold be easiest to do a blog post rather than a video. The Tarte Dressed To The Nines LipSurgence Lip Creme Gift Set is $34 at Ulta. This was my first time purchasing this holiday gift set, and I'm extremely glad I did! I have several other Tarte LipSurgence lip products from previous holiday and limited edition sets, which I absolutely love. So naturally, I knew I would enjoy this set! 






(The 9 shades are packaged separately in their own box in a plastic tray)




 I was particularly interested in this kit because of the wide range of shades it provides...9 products (in mini 0.056 oz sizes). Also, the set is made up of brand new limited edition shades-which can be a down fall if you really love a certain shade. Because if you love a particular shade, it unfortunately wouldn't be available in a full size. And in case you're not familiar, these lip cremes are basically like tingly lip plumpers. They don't sting....but they do leave a cooling minty feeling behind, which I really like. These lip cremes are not at all sticky, but some do leave behind a good amount of shine. As far as staying power, even with periodic eating and drinking-I can get several hours of wear out of these lip cremes! Another aspect that I love about these is that even though there are some shades that are slightly more sheer than others, they are NEVER streaky in application. They always hang together and give an even look across the lips. 









Left to right: Ritsy, Pizzazz, Luscious. 

These don't contain any shimmer and some shades are more opaque than others. They have the same overall feel on the lips as the normal lipsurgence lip cremes do and just as much shine. I had only tried a few shades from this line in the past and I loved them-so I am so excited to have more! 








Ritzy
This is a super natural, everyday wear type of shade. It's a great rosy pink shade that would go with anything. Overall, this is a fairly opaque color with not a lot of shine. It has a lot of coverage on the lips, but it's definitely one of those "my lips but better" kind of shades.  I can see this being a good Spring/Summer shade! 



Pizzazz

This is a highly opaque pinky red shade with a slight bit of shine. If I could offer 1 tip for applying this shade, that would be to be extremely careful because this is not a shade that you can just throw on and not have to worry about it feathering outside your lip line. I would recommend applying a lip liner first to maximize staying power. I really like this shade, perfect for the holidays! 





Luscious
This is a great deep berry shade that I would say is mostly matte. This one reminds me a little of NYX's High Voltage lipstick in Hollywood just because of the color. It's very natural and wearable I think. It goes on very opaque and I could see this worn a lot throughout the winter months. 




Left to right: Plush, Stunning, Glamorous 



Plush 


I was very surprised at how opaque this pinky nude shade applied. This is an ideal shade to wear if you have a dramatic eye look going on and you don't want too much attention drawn to the lips. Although I have a lot of this same color from other brands, overall, I really love this shade! 





Stunning 

This shade applied a little less pigmented than I would like for a peachy colored lipstick. Even though it's a nice shade I feel as though I have a lot of this same shade from different brands that apply more opaque than this one. It's extremely natural looking, which I don't mind, but I do feel as though I'm looking at my lip color with just a little added shine to them. So overall, this particular shade wasn't as impressive as some others were from this collection. 




Glamorous 

This shade for me is a very vampy deep plum/berry color. I love how opaque this color is without being streaky, which surprised me a little. I have nothing negative to say about this color, I can absolutely see this worn over the holiday and winter season for sure! I think this is probably one of my favorites from this specific collection. 






Left to right: Luring, Striking, Jazzy




Luring

This one looks a lot like the shade "Stunning" to me. I feel as though it's not as opaque as it should be and I once again have a lot of this same color from other brands that I find are more pigmented. This one is basically my lips with just a touch more color and a little added shine. Overall, not my favorite of the bunch. 




Striking

This shade reminds me a lot of NYX's High Voltage lipstick in Flutter Kiss because it's a very natural, warm nude color. This one is very opaque and can be worn with various eye looks ranging from natural to smoky. Great neutral to have in your collection in my opinion! 




Jazzy

This shade was very interesting to me because it's the brighter color of the bunch. The color itself is more of a brighter pinky red shade. I see myself wearing this in the winter season as well as in the spring and summer season, it's a very universal shade I think. So nonetheless, it's a beautiful shade and paired with a neutral eye look, I think it would look gorgeous! 



The one thing I wanted to mention is the packaging because each set of 3 is boxed in its own box with "To" and "From" on the back. So essentially you could split up each trio to give to someone or on the back of the bigger outer package is a "To" and "From" as well so you could give the entire set to someone if you wanted to.

The range of the shades in this kit is nice because it has your neutrals but also your deep and dark plum and berry shades as well. As I said in the beginning of this review, the staying power is pretty solid for at least 2-3 hours with eating and drinking. After that time span, you might want to re-apply, especially if you're wearing some of the lighter shades. If you're wearing the darker shades, as it wears off it will become more noticeable so I would be cautious as to how much time you let go between applications. Also with the darker shades you may find that they cling better, to where you don't have to re-apply so much because they're so opaque.

My Favorites: Glamorous, Plush, Pizzazz, Striking


Bottom Line: I think for $34 you're getting a great value, especially if you've never tried Tarte Lipsurgence before. I think the size of these lip cremes is great because they're ideal for those of us that travel. Small sizes are great for those of us who are lip product addicts who rarely burn through a full size anyway. For me, every single shade in this kit is wearable and every shade is pretty. There are just some shades that I like more than others, If you're not a fan of any sort of minty or cooling sensation on your lips-you might want to side-step this kit altogether. I could see this kit being fun to split up between family or friends.....everyone could get a few to try! I think fans of light pinks and dark neutrals would really enjoy this set. I hope this post was helpful to those of you considering this kit! If you've tried it yourself, let me know your thoughts in the comments section!


Daily Nuggets...


  • It feels great to be writing a blog post again! 
  • Music class finals in a couple weeks (please pray for peace and that I pass my exams for both classes with flying colors!) 
  • October and November 2015 product empties will be up today! Head over to my beauty channel: www.youtube.com/mariahsierra94 to watch! 
  • If you like random family fun and other fun stuff, come hang out with me and the fam over on my vlog channel: www.youtube.com/offbeatvlogs 


1 comment: