Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Current Foundation favorite!





Hey Everyone! It's been a while since I blogged last, so I figured I would kick it off with my current foundation favorite! Over the last month or so, I have been loving rediscovering Smashbox Studio Skin 15 hour wear hydrating foundation. Since its gotten a little cooler here in Northern California (I can't believe we're starting to call 93 degrees "cooler", but trust me its WAY better than the last almost two week stretch of 100s!), I've switched from wearing my IT Cosmetics Your Skin but Better CC cream to a more medium coverage foundation.

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my IT cosmetics CC cream, I just wanted to switch my routine for fall to an actual foundation. So, why do I love this Smashbox foundation? Well, here's some of the perks:


  • Medium-to-full buildable coverage with a natural matte finish
  • Blurs imperfections with light-diffusing spheres
  • Stays put for 15 hours
  • Lightweight, comfortable feel
  • No touch-ups required (although, if you have oily skin like I do, you may have to touch up once or twice as you go through the day)
  • Exercise-resistant, sweat-resistant, and transfer-proof (now to be honest, I haven't worn this when I go to the gym, because lets be real who wears makeup to go work out?, I do however think its pretty sweat resistant and transfer proof) 
  • Ideal for all skin types 
  • Oil free 


  • The shade range is quite large as well, 22 shades! From your fairest of the fair, to your chocolate skin ladies, there seems to be a shade for everyone! I'm in shade 2.2 and its a perfect match for my olive complexion! 

    Here's the layout of the shades for each skintone: 


    The price of this foundation is $42 and you get 1 fluid oz of product. Which considering you don't need very much, it should last you quite a while. For me, I use 2 full pumps and I've had mine since the end of last year. Even using 2 full pumps, its such a thin consistency that it doesn't look cakey, which is something I personally love about it. With its thin consistency, it still gives a beautiful medium-full coverage look. Now it is hydrating, which if you have dry skin or combination skin, you will love this! I love it and I have oily skin. It doesn't give you a shine, more of a subtle barely there "glow". 



    Bottom line: This may be my new favorite foundation to wear for fall! If you want an more in depth review, check out my video on this foundation from last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVL5ZmSGWXw&t=419s  (also, BONUS! You will also see my review on the concealer that goes with this foundation in this video! So you get a two for one!) 





    Daily Nuggets...

    • Just started my Fall Term of my JUNIOR year of college today!! 😄
    • As I said earlier, I can't believe we're calling 93 degrees "cooler", Fall needs to get here to Northern Cali FAST! I'm ready for sweaters, hot chocolate and a blanket in the mornings, and my Fall candles!! 
    • If you haven't checked out and/or subscribed to my youtube channels yet, please do so! My main channel is HERE and if you love random family fun, daily check ins, follow my life, endless laughs with the family, then please go subscribe to my vlog channel also! Click HERE to subscribe to the vlog channel! 

    2 comments: