Sunday, August 25, 2013

Expired Makeup: How long to keep and when to toss....Part 3

Hey everyone!! I hope y'all are having a great Sunday afternoon! Thanks for sticking with me throughout this new series, its been really fun! So this is the last part of this "expired makeup: how long to keep and when to toss" series and I will be covering lipsticks, lipglosses, and lip liners. So lets get started!


















The first thing I'll start with is lipsticks. These are good for 2-3 years if kept tightly sealed after each use and stored in a cool place. As always, if the product starts to smell funky, dry out or change color, TOSS IT! 



Next is lipglosses. Again, these are good for 2-3 years if kept tightly sealed after each use and kept away from extreme temperatures. And I know I probably sound like a broken record, but if the product changes color, smells funky or dries out, TOSS IT. 














And finally, is lipliners. As already stated above, these are good for about 2-3 years if kept in a cool place and kept tightly sealed after each use. 





















And if you missed the last post about writing the date you opened the product on the label tip I gave, here it is again. 

Remember that, once a product is opened, it starts to deteriorate. If you're like me and tend to have a lot of products on hand, open them, try them, and then move onto something else, you may want to write the date that you opened the product on the label. That way, when you pull out a mascara (for example) from 2003, you know to toss it. 


Well, that completes this series on expired makeup! Thank you so much for taking time to read each of these posts, it really means a lot to me! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be blogging again soon! 


Daily Nuggets....

  • Passed my Psychology final that I took on Friday!!!! :D 
  • Just got back in town from celebrating my 19th birthday with my family and friends, it was so much fun!! 
  • I did some shopping on my birthday last week (thursday, the 22nd) so I'll be filming and uploading a birthday haul of the products I picked up really soon (hopefully) on my youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Mariahsierra94 please subscribe if you haven't already, it would mean a lot to me! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment